The Cat and the Bear

The Cat and the Bear
Charlie and his bear pal!

Ex-Pat to Re-Pat

Welcome to my countdown to repatriation!

After living in Athens, Greece for the lion's share of two decades I am on my way back to settle again in the land of my birth, Wales. I have a cat so that makes things a bit more complicated. Those of you in the same boat will know that you need a pet passport to take a pet into the UK, and that procedure takes at least 7 months. So, I decided to get the major removal upheaval over with and left Athens in January to winter on the island of Corfu. This is where my Greek odyssey began so I am very happy to have this chance to 'close the circle'.

So far I have focused on enjoying Corfu but the days are flying by and my mind is turning more and more towards Wales. This is starting to bring up issues and concerns about living in a new country. Yes, despite the fact that I was born in Wales and have visited regularly, after all this time of living away, it will be rather 'foreign' to me. I suppose that fellow ex-pats will appreciate more than anyone else what I am talking about. I would be very happy to hear from you!!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement so far in this adventure!
Love and light!
Teresa

Friday 11 February 2011

Teresa and Charlie in Quarantine - 84 days and counting!

Hello from the beautiful green Greek island of Corfu where my cat Charlie and I are spending the winter while he completes his quarantine and I complete a number of projects.

Perhaps you know that it is not permitted to take pets into the UK from various other countries without them having a pet passport. This takes time and certain actions which take about seven months to complete. I am happy to say that Charlie is well along the way.

I have no complaints about the pet passport procedures. I'm just happy that it is possible to take him to the UK. It was not that long ago, when, to get your pet in, they had to stay caged up for 6 months.  Now that really was quarantine. This way, he’s doing his ‘time’ outside the country.  Just as soon as I work out how to do it I will upload a photo of Charlie so you can see how handsome he is.

Today has been warm and sunny. I went for a drive to enjoy the day and do some exploring. And, more importantly, to seek out some fresh supplies of food for Charlie. The local supermarket has a few of his favourites but not nearly enough of a variety to keep him happy for the next 84 days! Fortunately, I anticipated this and brought a stack of food with me, but I need to add to it soon.

The drive was lovely. Twisty turning roads through brooding olive groves dappled with sunbeams, and stuff like that - but more of that later. And, at my destination, Acharavi, I found not one, not two, but three pet shops! Unfortunately, not a one was open (closed for lunch – do you remember that?) but no matter. Now I know they are there I am optimistic that Charlie will be kept happy. I also popped into the resort of Roda but, apart from a few cafés and tavernas that was also closed. But I had a little drive down to the sea and quickly drove away from it again. I did think to stop for a coffee and a leg stretch. But decided to drive back home to my own resort of San Stefanos (Avliotes – there are two resorts by the same name so mine is linked with the nearby village to identify it) and go for a walk on the beach instead.

It was while I was walking on the beach thinking about my projects and plans that I made the decision to set up this blog because: on one hand the time is flying by, but on the other it is not. And even as I write that I’m not quite sure what I mean either. Hmm. Well, I have been here for about 6 weeks and I don’t feel that I have achieved very much. So, that’s time flying by. But, 84 days remaining seems a heck of a long time to go and sometimes I wish I could just click my fingers and we could leave. But no. And in any case, I am not ready to leave yet, even if I could, because I have a stack of work to do.  So…that is my cue to finish this entry and get on with some work. What work is that? All will be revealed…Adio

2nd May 23 


An update: I want to share some good news with you today:

My debut novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel,  recently launched which is set in Corfu and I think you will love it! Find all the details here.       

               
* For those of you familiar with San Stefanos, Avliotes - the novel is based on this resort but fictionalized. In other words, though I feature the fabulous beach and Z shape of the resort, I have added in lots of other aspects from my imagination - including the Paradise Hotel! And all the characters are imaginary.

Please see below the details of that book and my other two books.

Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 

For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

Blessings,

Teresa x

PS. About the links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  



1 comment:

  1. Very good post and useful information. It's very helpful for me. Thanks for this valuable stuff.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete