The Cat and the Bear

The Cat and the Bear
Charlie and his bear pal!

Ex-Pat to Re-Pat

Welcome to my countdown to repatriation!

After living in Athens, Greece for the lion's share of two decades I am on my way back to settle again in the land of my birth, Wales. I have a cat so that makes things a bit more complicated. Those of you in the same boat will know that you need a pet passport to take a pet into the UK, and that procedure takes at least 7 months. So, I decided to get the major removal upheaval over with and left Athens in January to winter on the island of Corfu. This is where my Greek odyssey began so I am very happy to have this chance to 'close the circle'.

So far I have focused on enjoying Corfu but the days are flying by and my mind is turning more and more towards Wales. This is starting to bring up issues and concerns about living in a new country. Yes, despite the fact that I was born in Wales and have visited regularly, after all this time of living away, it will be rather 'foreign' to me. I suppose that fellow ex-pats will appreciate more than anyone else what I am talking about. I would be very happy to hear from you!!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement so far in this adventure!
Love and light!
Teresa

Friday 7 July 2017

REMEMBERING MY GREY TABBY PRINCESS


 A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.
                              Ernest Hemingway (author)

Today, quite by chance, I came across my cat Princess’s Pet Passport and discovered it was her birthday. She was born on 7th July 1993. The name Princess suited her well. She expected, and got, lots of attention. The above quote is highly apt.
                Princess was a big grey tabby born in Athens. I don’t know why so many cats in Athens are huge! When I first saw strays roaming the backstreets I was amazed at their size.
               Unfortunately, she died many years ago. She never did make the journey from Greece to the UK which is why those of you familiar with my blog ‘Quarantining in Corfu’ have never heard of her.
             But, a pet lover like you will understand, she is not forgotten. And the same applies to her mother Valentina who was such a character!
             The above photo was taken when Charlie was recovering from a blockage caused, as I discovered, from eating a new plant on my balcony, which had fibrous brown leaves. Princess was keeping him company as he was naturally very sorry for himself – having just had a lifesaving operation.
            Anyway, memories, memories flooding back.
            Sending greetings to all cat lovers. Enjoy the company of your puss today.
  Love
Teresa x

PS If you liked the above quote please follow this link for more of the same ilk:  http://cattime.com/cat-facts/lifestyle/1470-25-famous-quotes-about-cats#q1GE4cLROyLhbJ5Y.99

If you enjoyed this post I have a debut novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel,  recently launched which is set in Corfu which I think you will love! Find all the details here.     

Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Actually, please find below the details of my other two books!

I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 


For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

Blessings,

Teresa 

PS. About the links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  



2 comments:

  1. Really glad to know about star podcast and i like your blog and it helped me a lot. Totally interesting also extraordinary blog interesting picture gallery. Give more pictures. Thanks for this blog article… Thanks for This post ... Really informative….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie, glad you found it useful! glad you like the blog. Must post more when got a bit more time. And yes, will put more pictures. Wish you a great day! Teresa

    ReplyDelete